To install the plugin and integrate the FreightExchange shipping platform with your WooCommerce store, you will need the following information:
- Sign up on FreightExchange shipping platform: If you haven't already signed up for an account on FreightExchange, please visit our website and create an account. This will provide you with the necessary credentials to access our API.
- API Key from FreightExchange shipping platform: Once you have signed up and logged into your FreightExchange account, you will need to generate an API key. The API key is a unique identifier that allows the plugin to authenticate and access your FreightExchange account. You need to go to Settings > Platforms > Add New. Select WooCommerce from the drop-down and click Connect. This will generate the API Key which will be required by WooCommerce to connect with FreightExchange.
Install and activate the plugin
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to Plugins => Add New. Search for “FreightExchange”, and click Install Now.
After the installation process completes, click the Activate Plugin link to activate the plugin.
- Once the installation is done, FreightExchange will appear under WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping > FreightExchange.
- Under FreightExchange, please set the following:
- Check the “Enable” checkbox. It will start showing the LIVE rates from FreightExchange platform to the customers.
- Paste the API Key which was generated by FreightExchange platform.
- Check the “Enable” checkbox for “Show Prices Inclusive of GST”.
- Enter the Origin Contact Name, in order to make bookings, we need to send a contact name of a person at the origin address to the carriers.
- Enter the Origin Phone Number, in order to make bookings, we need to send a phone number of a person at the origin address to the carriers, this can be either a phone number of landline.
- Freight Cost (Default), backup flat shipping cost shown to customers when the quote request to FreightExchange fails due to some reason.
- Markup / Shipment as %, make money on shipping by adding a percentage markup on freight cost send back from FreightExchange. If we sent back $10 via API and you have said 20% markup, we will show the shipping cost as $12 in the checkout screen. This can be used together with the fixed markup.
- Markup / Shipment as $, Make money on shipping by adding a fixed markup on freight cost send back from FreightExchange. If we sent back $10 via API and you have said $5 markup, we will show the shipping cost as $15 in the checkout screen. This can be used together with the percentage markup.
- Exclude rates for Shipping class, slug for the shipping class for which you don’t want to show the rates from FreightExchange. If the product belongs the mentioned Shipping class and only that product is ordered than the FreightExchange rates will not be displayed, but if the product is ordered with another product which needs the LIVE rates than the FreightExchange rates will be displayed.
- Go to Settings > Shipping > Shipping options and uncheck the “Enable dubug mode” for “Debug mode” option. If this is checked then the rates will keep on recalculating and customers will be unable to proceed.
- Go to Settings > Tax > Tax options and select “Yes, I will enter prices inclusive of tax” for the option “Prices entered with tax”.
- Go to Settings > Tax > Standard rates and make sure that the shipping is unchecked, as the rates returned by FreightExchange are inclusive of GST.
You can also refer to the document Connect WooCommerce Store
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article